Ross River Fever
I have been ill for a few months now, first bronchitis and then, late January, Ross River Fever (a mosquito-borne virus). A tiny single strand RNA virus can last quite a while, and you are paired for life.
I do some tai chi in our Asian garden . . .
With global warming such diseases will become more prevalent. Symptoms vary, I have not had chronic rheumatic pain often associated, but suffer extreme tiredness, so have slowed this blog.
- Some people will have flu-like symptoms that include fever, chills, headache and aches and pains in the muscles and joints.
- Some joints can become swollen, and joint stiffness may be particularly noticeable in the morning.
- Sometimes a rash occurs on the body, arms or legs. The rash usually disappears after 7 to 10 days.
- A general feeling of being unwell, tired or weak may also occur at times during the illness.
- Symptoms usually develop about 7-10 days after being bitten by an infected mosquito.
- The majority of people recover completely in a few weeks. Others may experience symptoms such as joint pain and tiredness for many months.