Antarctica is a multi-dimensional poem which includes history, politics, the natural sciences and ecological themes.
As a work in progress ‘Antarctica’ [working title] has been performed, published and or broadcast as follows:
- Bellingen Readers & Writers festival, 2012, 2013
- West Cork Literary festival, 2010
- ‘Antarctica’ ABC Radio’s Poetica, Jan 9, 1999
- ABC Radio’s The Listening Room, ‘Discovering Antarctica by Slaughter’, extracts from ‘Antarctica’ a poem in progress – for four actors and sound-stage, 1990
- Journals in the USA (Nimrod), UK (Stand) and Australia
- Multi-media performances (slides, soundtrack & voices), ‘Writers in the Park’, Harold Park Hotel & Forest Lodge, Sydney 1993
- Antarctica for two live voices and sound-track, Griffin Theatre, Sydney, 1989
- Antarctica was originally produced for a Sony walkman for visitors to the gallery to listen on while viewing paintings by the twice Wynne Prize winner Ian Bettinson who worked with the poem, The Butchers Exhibit, Sydney, 1985.